Leadership in Zonta of Quaboag Valley 2016 – 2018
Mary F Knight, President
As your president, my intentions for the club:
- The marketing communication efforts of our club are generating interest from the community and an increase of guests and inquires.
- We engage and mentor individuals who are willing to actively support and implement the Mission, Vision and Objects of Zonta* as a member of this club.
- In our club, we maximize the ‘value-quotient” of being a Zontian. Our members are hopeful, respected, seen and heard, and an integral part of a world-wide movement empowering women through service and advocacy.
- We continue hands-on service projects: working with Soldier-on Women Veterans and collecting /disseminating something valued by women in Domestic Violence and Homeless shelters.
- We continue to advocate for women’s rights: participating in Zonta says NO! activities and partnering with like-minded organizations to raise awareness and support on important issues.
- Our fundraising activities – Poinsettia sales, Silent “no more!” Auction and Golf Tournament – raise money and awareness for Zonta’s Vision – locally and globally; the generosity of our members support our goal of 100% participation in Zonta International Foundation donations.
Mission of Zonta – Zonta International is a leading global organization of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
Vision of Zonta – Zonta International envisions a world in which women’s rights are recognized as human rights and every woman is able to achieve her full potential. In such a world, women have access to all resources and are represented in decision making positions on an equal basis with men.
In such a world, no woman lives in fear of violence.
Objects of Zonta
- To improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global and local level through service and advocacy
- To work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of members in business and the professions.
- To promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- To be united internationally to foster high ethical standards, to implement service programs, and to provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nations, and the world.
Why is each worthy of our intentions?
How do you know / believe this will happen?
Visualize what it will look and feel like. Then, expect it and be grateful
Patricia Pupek, Vice President
In the coming year it is my hope that Mary and I, as President & Vice President, are able to help strengthen our group. I think that the membership committee will hold a vital role in the coming year by increasing support in attracting new members.
We are a strong group and whatever we can do to increase our numbers will only make us stronger and give us the ability to give more back to our community in a manner that aligns with our common goals through advocacy for women.