Your help is needed in marketing the Silent “no more!” Auction. Select 2 actions you will take and share that information in the comments section below, so we do not duplicate efforts.
1. Extend a personal invitation to everyone on your database – friends, colleagues, professional contacts/service providers (e.g., doctors, lawyers, hair dressers, owners of small businesses you frequent)
2. Email an invitation to prior guests, recipients of awards (Founders, scholarships), etc.
Note to Secretary / Treasurer: Need to gather this data at point of contact and keep it current.
3. Follow up on emailed press release sent to editors/reporters of local papers – in person or with a phone call:
Springfield Republican: DONE Kate Roy email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org, | email@example.com (PalmerBureauChief (413) 788-1304)
Turley Publications: Belchertown firstname.lastname@example.org |Ludlow email@example.com |Palmer firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Complete online event notifications OR email radio/TV community contacts:
New England Public Radio: http://events.publicbroadcasting.net/wfcr/events.eventsmain?action=submitEvent
Channel 22 http://www.wwlp.com/subindex/community/submit_event
ABC 40 http://www.wggb.com/community/add-community-event/
Channel 3 http://events.cbs3springfield.com/createevent
Contact television newscasters/reporters directly who typically cover like-minded stories
5. Invite a government/local official, Police /Fire department representative to the event. Their presence will say a lot about their position on domestic violence.
6. Invite another organization (Girl Scouts, etc.) to the event
Be aware of potential organizations that could partner with us. Establish a relationship.
7. Send out message on whatever social media you use – facebook, twitter, etc.
8. If you are attending a local event where Zontians may be able to participate, ask to set up an information table so you can share our best practices, discuss benefits of participating in our club, etc.
9. Other idea:
10. Other idea: